Bringing children back home.
Necco of West Virginia offers Wraparound Services in conjunction with the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources to bring permanency to children.
A national initiative, Wrap Around was recently implemented in West Virginia by the Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR) under the program name "Safe at Home". Necco was selected as a provider of these services to deliver a variety of services to children and their families.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Ensure youth remain in their own communities, when possible.
- Reduce reliance on foster/congregate care.
- Prevent re-entry into the system.
- Reduce the number of children in higher-cost out-of-state placements.
- Step youth down from congregate care in order to reunify them with their families and communities.
DHHR directly refers children and families to Necco's Wrap Around program. Wraparound is indeed a community service. It takes a village. Volunteers are always welcome.