Progressing towards independence.
Necco's Community Living Supports services are provided through our Northern Kentucky location. These services ensure that Individuals with developmental disabilities have the opportunity to demonstrate independence and promote integration into the community while achieving progress towards individualized goals.
The Supports for Community Living Waiver Program (SCL) and Michelle P. Waiver (MPW) are home and community-based programs funded by the Kentucky Department for Medicaid Services & administered by the Department for Behavioral Health, Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities.
Necco believes in person-centered planning that ensures dignity & respect for each person and encourages them to be the primary decision-makers in their own lives. Each individual is supported and encouraged to direct the planning, selection, implementation, and evaluation of their services.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Persons with a developmental or intellectual disability who require a protected environment while learning living skills, educational experiences, awareness of their environment AND meet Medicaid financial eligibility requirements are eligible for the program. To receive our CLS services, Individuals may reside in his or her own home or in his or her family's home with either SCL or the Michelle P. Waiver.
Supports and assistance may include:
- Routine household tasks and maintenance
- Activities of daily living
- Personal hygience
- Money management
- Medication management
- Relationship building
- Leisure choices
- Participation in community activites
Through our quality services, we help individuals achieve their highest level of independence while promoting dignity, self-worth, & respect. Our staff is dedicated to ensuring each individual's unique needs are met. Self-care skills are taught by skilled and trained staff in order to foster independence and enhance personal development.
- Case Management (including coordination of services): Our case managers help recipients & the support team develop, update, & monitor the plan of care including all supports provided to ensure the health, safety, & welfare of the individual.
- Residential Supports (SCL ONLY): Residential support options include a family home adult foster care or staffed residence (a small individualized home). Residential Supports provide 24-hour supervision and training in activities such as laundry, routine household care, self-care, shopping, money management, socialization, and leisure activities.
- Respite services can be provided in a variety of settings on a short-term basis due to the absence or need for relief of an individual providing care to an SCL recipient. Respite is provided only to an individual who resides with a family or home provider, adult foster care home, or his or her own or family's home.
- Community Living Supports: Individuals receiving CLS services have the opportunity to demonstrate independence & promote integration into the community while achieving progress towards individualized goals. Individuals can be residing in his or her own home or in his or her family's home with either SCL or MPW. Supports & assistance may include, but are not limited to, routine household tasks & maintenance, activities of daily living, personal hygiene, shopping, money management, medication management, socialization, relationship building, leisure choices, & participation in community activities.