How to become a foster parent in Ohio.
By deciding to foster a child you are providing stability and happiness in their present, and infusing their futures with hope. At Necco our main mission is to build families of every walk of life, and to support them on their journey.
BECOMING A FOSTER PARENT IN OHIO
- A team member will answer any questions you have about the fostering process and get you scheduled for an orientation session.
Getting to know you!
- During your foster parent training, Necco gets to know you and your family a bit better. They do so to determine the best fit for both you and the child or children you will be fostering.
- It’s not as daunting as it sounds. All it means is that a Necco team member will get to know you, your family, and your home even more! Necco will really get to know who you are so they can make the best possible recommendation for a child in need.
- After completing your training, paperwork, and home study your family will be approved to accept a foster child. After being approved to foster you could receive a call for placement within just a few short days.
Fostering the relationship
- Necco will be there with you every step of the way; before, during, and after you begin fostering a child. If you have any questions, need any help, or just want to discuss the process and the range of emotions attached, do not hesitate to reach out to your Necco family.
There are basic requirements to become a foster parent in Ohio. Among them are:
- You must be 21 years of age of older
- You must have no prohibitive criminal offenses
- You must have sufficient income in order to meet the basic needs of the household and foster child
Necco is a close-knit, culture driven, private therapeutic organization that takes pride in building families. Building families can mean several different things; such as forever-family through adoption or a temporary family to provide a safe and loving environment to a child until they are able to return home. Necco is committed to the foster parents and foster children we serve and do our very best to find the best possible match for both parent and child.
Necco works diligently to maintain and preserve placing children in homes that results in a very low rate of moves or disruptions. Necco prides itself on being a constant source of support and voice to our foster families and foster children.
FOR EVERY FAMILY WE BUILD, THERE IS A STORY TO TELL
Their Story. Ron and I met in Virginia. He was a police office I was a deputy sheriff. He had 3 teenagers and my two boys were 21 and 16. We married in 2008 and Ron announced that he wanted to move. After 37 years in one place, I was moving to a new state! My youngest decided he wanted to finish high school so he remained in Wa with his father (my ex husband).