Necco makes counseling accessible in West Virginia
The first step in the counseling process is to talk to a staff member who will take your information and submit a referral to our clinical team. You do not need a formal referral. A member of our clinical team will call you within two days to schedule an intake assessment. During that first appointment, you and your professional counselor will develop goals that you want to accomplish. Once a plan is in place, the therapeutic process begins.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
No two individuals are the same. Some may need just a couple of sessions to reach their goals while others may need more time. Counseling sessions usually are 45-60 minutes, depending on the nature of your visit.
We currently accept all forms of WV Medicaid (regular or through MCOs), as well as WV CHIPS and private pay.
Does my child go alone or do we do family? We provide both individual and family counseling. Our dedicated clinical team will work with you, your child and the family to decide what best serves your family in reaching your therapeutic goals.
WHAT MAKES NECCO DIFFERENT?
Customer Service and competency are what makes Necco different than other agencies. Our clinical team is comprised of licensed counselors with certifications to serve those in need. We have counselors who have been certified in DBT and trained in trauma counseling, substance abuse and play therapy techniques.
HOW CAN COUNSELING HELP ME, MY CHILD AND MY FAMILY?
- Gaining a better understanding of yourself, your goals and values
- Developing skills for improving your relationships
- Discovering resolutions to the matters or concerns that led you to pursue therapy
- Gaining new coping mechanisms to handle stress and anxiety
- Appropriately dealing with anger, grief, depression, and other emotional pressures
- Improving your communications and listening skills
- Challenging and changing old behavior patterns and developing new ones
- Discovering new ways to resolve difficulties in your family and community
- Building your self-esteem and improving self-confidence